Two people,
two generations,
two collections,
only one name,
only one place.

Giorgio Franchetti, grandfather and grandson, put in palace Ca’ d’Oro the paintings, the tapestries, the medals and the bronzes individually collected during their lives, to fulfil the great dream that they could become common heritage, and in fact the palace officially became a museum with the inauguration of 18th January 1927, some years later the death of Franchetti senior, with the name “Galleria Giorgio Franchetti alla Ca’ d’Oro”.

De Dominicis